By submitting a film, script, image or any other content to the Organization of Independent Filmmakers (OIF), including any of its chapters, you attest and agree to the following:
- You are the authorized owner or agent for the content being submitted and that you have all rights to dispose and disseminate such content freely.
- You certify that the script is based on an original story where you or a member of your production team is the copyright holder. Where the person submitting is not the copyright owner, they affirm that they the copyright owner has given them permission to submit.
- You own all rights to the film and any creative work therein.
- All films must be original not have screened elsewhere and not a work-for-hire.
- You have obtained all necessary talent and location releases for the submitted production.
- OIF may show or post images, photos or trailers of your film, up to 30 seconds, via this website, or via their distribution channels and partners for marketing and promotional purposes. Normally these promotional snippets are used for generating exposure for your film and the event or organization for which it is being submitted.
- Running length limitation of the film to be submitted varies and is posted on the submission page. Total running time includes credits.
- For any Challenges or similar events where submissions over 20 minutes in length are allowed, it is strongly recommended that a trailer be submitted as well for the aforementioned purposes.
- Films must be presented in the English Language or have English sub-titles.
- Only directors and/or producers are authorized to nominate candidates for OIF Awards.
- The very beginning of the film should have a suggested rating, please use the ratings on this page as a guide. The legible rating, normally on a green background, should display for a minimum of three (3) seconds. Film rating must be disclosed when submitting your entry.
Some of the OIF entry guidelines on this page are modeled after general Film Festival Submission Guidelines, furthering our members’ preparedness in the film industry. These guidelines are also established to foster greater general participation in film-making and to provide a fairer environment for recognizing local filmmaker’s talents.
Guidelines are subject to change without notice. Please review them carefully prior to submitting your entry.
Failure to abide by the above guidelines may result in the rejection or subsequent disqualification of your entry.
FOR ARTICLES AND GUEST POSTS
Posts and Articles submitted by guest authors are subject to editorial review prior to being published on this site.
Articles may contain the opinions and statements of their respective authors. Though OIF may promote independent, non-offensive expression, we do not warrant or necessarily agree with any views or statements contained within these posts or articles.