OIF is happy to help promote the FusionFest MYgration Short Film Contest in conjunction with the Global Peace Film Festival.
Central Florida Filmmakers are invited to participate in the FusionFest “MYgration” Short Film Contest, celebrating cultural diversity in the community.
Last year, 23 shorts were presented at FusionFest’s Global Film Festival project, the “MYgration” film contest,.
Create a 3-5 minute film based on a person who has a story of their MYgration journey to Central Florida and how they keep their culture alive. The subject/person of the short films will be provided by FusionFest.
Grand Prize is $1,000.00!
If you are interested in entering the film contest or know someone who is interested in being the subject of one of these shorts, click the button below. You will be taken to the Fusion Fest organization’s website for more info.
- Intent to Participate Deadline: August 1, 2020.
- Acceptance Notification: August 5, 2020.
- Response to Acceptance Email: Saturday, August 8, 2020.
- Pairing: Friday, August 28, 6:00 – 9:30 p.m.
- Filming Day: Saturday, August 29, 2020. Filming/Post Production: Sunday, August 30, 2020.
- Film Submission: Wednesday, September 2nd by 11:59 p.m.
- GPFF screenings: TBD
- Location and times TBD FusionFest: November 28 & 29, 2020.
The event is a free two-day festival in Downtown Orlando celebrating 110+ cultures through art, food and interactive installations.